The WSIA Education Foundation, formed in 2018 with the merger of the AAMGA Education Foundation and the Derek Hughes/NAPSLO Educational Foundation, is dedicated to encouraging the educational development of all those interested in the excess and surplus lines business, to creating an understanding, and overcoming the misperceptions of the excess and surplus lines market.
The Foundation's work includes:
- Financial support of the education programs for WSIA members
- Maintaining and improving the Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance (ASLI) designation program, which furthers the educational opportunities for members industry professionals
- Support of the A.M. Best Company's annual review of the surplus lines segment, which is a valuable tool for the industry
- Administering student-focused educational programs, symposiums and scholarship to encourage, support and reward exceptional students interested in an insurance career
- Significant university outreach to attract bright new talent to the industry