WSIA Career Opportunities
The Wholesale & Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA) is a member service association representing approximately 700 member firms dedicated to the wholesale insurance distribution system. WSIA provides support to member firms and their employees, including tens of thousands of individuals brokers, underwriters and insurance company professionals.
WSIA helps members build profitable business relationships with unparalleled networking opportunities, education programs, talent recruitment initiatives, legislative and regulatory advocacy and promotion of the value of the wholesale insurance distribution channel.
Current Available Positions
DIRECTOR of DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION (posted August 2021)
WSIA is seeking a Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. The successful candidate for this position will report to the Executive Director and support WSIA and the WSIA Diversity Foundation by providing staff leadership to and development of our DE&I vision, strategies and priorities; providing staff leadership to developing a culture of DE&I within the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines insurance segment; serving as a consultative change agent for the association and industry to achieve DE&I objectives; developing and leading various fundraising efforts; developing member and industry DE&I data and metrics; and ensuring appropriate collaboration and synergies between WSIA, the WSIA Diversity Foundation and WSIA Education Foundation to effectively align all activities and initiatives to achieve WSIA’s DE&I goals and objectives. This position will augment the effectiveness of the WSIA team with strong collaboration, leadership, membership service and project management skills.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Qualifications and Skills
- At the direction of the WSIA and WSIA Diversity Foundation Boards, execute, lead and manage DE&I vision, strategies and priorities
- Develop a culture of DE&I within the wholesale, specialty and surplus lines insurance segment, including identification, development and implementation of resources that member firms of all sizes can leverage to develop or enhance their firm’s culture of DE&I
- Leadership to, and collaboration with, WSIA team to embed DE&I into WSIA services, programs and events, including providing support and guidance for talent recruitment, development and retention efforts of diverse employees with member firms
- Influence others through education around DE&I topics, leverage WSIA education programs, webinars and events as appropriate
- Serve as an internal and external thought leader and spokesperson on DE&I, culture, and talent issues through meetings and events, college recruitment, etc.
- Develop and maintain external relationships for ongoing learning and sharing on best practices in DE&I
- At the direction of the Board, develop and lead fundraising efforts to support WSIA DE&I efforts and the overall industry
- Oversee development and evolution of culture, DE&I metrics and definition of organizational success
- Manage internal and external resources needed to support and coordinate all DE&I initiatives
- Provide support to the Executive Director and WSIA Team with strong leadership, membership service, strategic planning and project management skills
The ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a strong level of education and experience, or the appropriate combination of the following:
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience;
- Eight or more years of professional experience with experience in leadership and project management serving a large constituent base preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in building, managing and leading DE&I strategies in an organization with development of DE&I culture, in particular, preferred; and
- Experience in a membership association or similar service-oriented organization is a plus.