WSIA Career Opportunities
The Wholesale & Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA) is a member service association representing approximately 700 member firms dedicated to the wholesale insurance distribution system. WSIA provides support to member firms and their employees, including tens of thousands of individuals brokers, underwriters and insurance company professionals.
WSIA helps members build profitable business relationships with unparalleled networking opportunities, education programs, talent recruitment initiatives, legislative and regulatory advocacy and promotion of the value of the wholesale insurance distribution channel.
Current Available Positions
MARKETING COORDINATOR (posted July 7, 2021)
WSIA is seeking a Marketing Coordinator. The successful candidate for this position will report to the Director of Marketing & Communications and support the association’s marketing and communications functions and related educational foundations; support other WSIA team members on a broad range of communications and marketing projects; and augment the effectiveness of the WSIA team with strong collaboration, leadership, membership service and project management skills.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Assist the Director of Marketing & Communications with member communications. This will include drafting and editing copy and graphics and utilizing WSIA’s online email tool to develop and distribute messages to WSIA members.
- Assist with regular website copy and photo updates.
- Assist with WSIA’s social media presence on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Collaborate on design of WSIA’s print and digital marketing materials.
- Support additional marketing and communications needs of WSIA education programs and events including Annual Marketplace, Underwriting Summit and Insurtech Conference.
- Travel to and act as an ambassador of WSIA during the Annual Marketplace, Underwriting Summit and other events as assigned, providing members with outstanding service.
- Provide marketing and communications support to WSIA team members and WSIA’s committees.
- Provide support to the Director of Marketing & Communications and Executive Director as needed on a broad range of special projects.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will demonstrate relevant education and experience, including:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) and comfort and familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.)
- Strong copy editing/proofreading skills and ability to create and edit simple graphics.
- Experience in a website CMS and web-based email marketing tool preferred.
- Membership association experience will be helpful, but not required.
- Ability to travel to at least three WSIA events per year, as assigned, with an average of 15-18 travel days per year.
OFFICE COORDINATOR (posted July 8, 2021)
WSIA is seeking an Office Coordinator. The successful candidate for this position will report to the Director of Government Relations and provide administrative support to the WSIA team, the Association, and WSIA’s Diversity Foundation and Education Foundation; provide project coordination support and assist in identifying activities, timelines and resources required for assigned association projects, programs and events; provide general office administration; and augment the effectiveness and teamwork of the WSIA team with strong collaboration, membership service and project administration skills.
Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Provide superior clerical and administrative support and service to the WSIA team including, but not limited to, preparing and proofreading correspondence, presentations and other materials.
- Provide superior communications skills as team member primarily responsible for receiving visitors, mailing, shipping and receiving, and answering telephone calls.
- General office administration, including organization of office and storage space and implementation of strategic plan to reduce retention of hardcopy documents and items.
- Provide administrative support to maintaining membership database, monthly reporting and tracking for various projects and similar related activities.
- Assist in planning and coordination of certain aspects of both on-site and off-site meetings and education programs, providing support to team members with primary responsibilities for events and activities.
- Assist with check deposits, check printing and appropriate separation of finance and accounting duties as assigned by the Controller.
- Provide project support, administration, and assistance with resources as requested for association projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Three years of administrative experience in an office environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated organizational and planning abilities; ability to handle multiple tasks and projects, managing details accurately and completely.
- Ability to think independently, ability to be innovative, and demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communications skills with internal/external individuals at all levels.
- Ability to travel to WSIA events for on-site support, up to 15-18 days per year.