Frequently Asked Questions
WSIA U40 Annual Meeting | October 10-12, 2021
Austin, TX | Sheraton Austin at the Capitol
What COVID-related guidelines will WSIA follow?
WSIA's primary goal is the health and safety of all U40 Annual Meeting attendees. We are carefully monitoring, and will adhere to, all CDC, Austin and hotel guidance leading up to the event. In addition, the WSIA Board of Directors has decided to require either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of your arrival at the event.
HOW ATTENDEES WILL VALIDATE PROOF OF VACCINATION or NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
- Registrants will receive additional messaging from WSIA with detailed instructions regarding the secure, third-party portal that WSIA will use to validate these records.
- You will be able to upload either a vaccination card, as long as two weeks have passed since your final dose, or your qualifying negative COVID-19 test to the portal.
- Upon validation, attendees will receive an email confirmation to expedite their on-site check-in. The only data provided to WSIA will be confirmation of the attendee’s status once validated by the vendor.
- Only those registered attendees who have uploaded proof of full vaccination or negative test, or arrive on-site with proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken in the last 72 hours, will be allowed to pick up their badge and participate, with no exceptions.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS being IMPLEMENTED for U40 ANNUAL MEETING
- WSIA will not require masks unless there is a local mandate in effect at the time of our event. However, CDC guidance recommends that all vaccinated and unvaccinated people wear masks in public, indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. We encourage attendees to follow CDC guidance.
- Our hotel partner in Austin is requiring all employees to mask at this time. Learn more here about the hotel's COVID-19 protocols and elevated cleanliness practices.
- WSIA will offer wristbands so attendees can visually communicate their level of comfort in interacting with others. These will be completely voluntary.
- Hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be available, and hotels are committed to enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of meeting spaces and common areas.
- All WSIA meeting spaces will be set at a maximum of 75% of the hotel’s listed capacity and outdoor spaces will used whenever possible.
- Outdoor seating and boxed options will also be available for all meals, and plexiglass shields will be in place at all buffet stations.
Where will I pick up my badge when I arrive?
- At the WSIA registration and hospitality desk in the main lobby, on the third floor of the hotel Sunday, October 10 from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
What resources are available to first-time attendees?
WSIA’s U40 Board will host an optional webinar to answer first-time attendees' "what to know before you go" questions. First-time attendees are also invited to a networking reception on Sunday, October 10 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on the Creekside Patio on the second floor of the hotel.
WSIA will also host two optional "What To Know Before You Go" meetings via Zoom to answer questions and facilitate pre-event networking for first-time attendees. You can register for either of the events now and details will be confirmed via email.
What is the "It's a WATERfull Life!" team-building activity on Tuesday?
- Uzima Clean Water Mission makes access to clean water a reality for areas in need around the world. An icebreaker will determine teams, then the games begin. Using iPads, teams earn points by completing a variety of physical and mental challenges. As various benchmarks are met, the tools and supplies needed to assemble the emergency, portable water filtration systems will be passed out. These filtration systems are sent to refugee camps and problem areas around the world, wherever there is a necessity for clean drinking water. This activity is included in the delegate and full guest registrations.
Are there sponsorships available?
- There are no sponsorship or exhibitor opportunities associated with WSIA's U40 Annual Meeting.
Do you have to be a WSIA's U40 member to attend?
- Yes, and anyone who is under 40 and employed by a WSIA member firm can join online here at no charge.
What is the recommended attire?
- Recommended dress for the education sessions and networking receptions is smart casual attire - jeans or slacks and collared shirts or blouses. Comfortable footwear is recommended for the Tuesday afternoon teambuilding activity.
General Questions – [email protected]
Registration Questions – [email protected]
Media Inquiries - [email protected]