Frequently Asked Questions
WSIA Annual Marketplace | November 16-19, 2021
San Diego, CA | Manchester Grand Hyatt and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
What COVID-related guidelines will WSIA follow?
WSIA's primary goal is the health and safety of all Annual Marketplace attendees. We are carefully monitoring, and will adhere to all current CDC, San Diego and hotel guidance leading up to and during the event. As we shared on September 15, current California guidelines require attendees of large gatherings, like Annual Marketplace, to provide proof of either a COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of picking up their badge. Guided by that mandate, the spread of the Delta variant, and in alignment with many upcoming industry events and recently enacted requirements at various levels of government, the WSIA Board of Directors has decided to
implement these protocols at all fall 2021 events.
HOW ATTENDEES WILL VALIDATE PROOF OF VACCINATION or NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST
- Detailed instructions are available here regarding how to upload proof of COVID-19 vaccination or provide a qualifying negative COVID-19 test for Annual Marketplace attendance.
- All registered attendees and guests must complete this process prior to picking up an Annual Marketplace badge or participating in any Annual Marketplace events, with no exceptions.
ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS in place for ANNUAL MARKETPLACE
- WSIA will not require masks; however, we encourage attendees to understand and follow California mask recommendations and requirements and CDC guidance regarding masks in public, indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission. All attendees who prefer to mask are also encouraged to do so as they decide about their own personal level of comfort.
- Our hotel partners in California are requiring all their employees to mask at this time.
- Hand sanitizer and disposable masks will be available, and hotels are committed to enhanced cleaning and sanitizing of meeting and common areas.
- All WSIA meeting spaces will be set at a maximum of 75% of the hotel’s listed capacity, and outdoor spaces will be used whenever possible.
- WSIA will offer wristbands so attendees can visually communicate their level of comfort in interacting with others. These will be completely voluntary.
- Green = Elbow bumps OK.
- Yellow = I'm still being cautious.
- Red = My bubble is still 6 feet, please.
- WSIA's Health & Safety Policies & Procedures details additional self health check recommendations.
What is the cancellation policy?
Recognizing members continue to balance business needs and individual perspectives in their decision-making, we are extending our Annual Marketplace cancellation deadlines. Specifically:
- Cancellations received by October 1 will be fully refundable.
- Cancellations received between October 2 and October 14 are subject to a 50% fee to account for costs we will be incurring for the event based on registration levels by this time.
- There are no refunds offered after October 14.
- All cancellation or name substitution requests must be made in writing via email to Vicky Fleming at [email protected]. Refunds will be processed within two weeks after request.
- Because of current international travel restraints, full refund will be offered to non-U.S. registrants who are unable to attend.
- Should you cancel, you will have a limited time opportunity to substitute someone else at your firm as an alternative to the above refund policy.
What else will be different this year?
To accommodate reduced room capacities, and due to our growing number of annual attendees, WSIA meeting spaces will be co-headquartered at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina beginning this year. You should schedule meetings accordingly to allow time to move between the two properties. A clear, well-signed walking route will highlight the shortest route between the hotels.
- Brokers' Lounge Zones 1-3; breakfast and lunch will be available in these areas
- Member firms' private meeting space
- On-site registration
- The Club; breakfast and lunch will be available in this area
- Brokers' Lounge Zones 5 and 6; breakfast and lunch will be available in these areas
- Member firms' private meeting space
- Brokers' Lounge Zone 4
- Pre-registered badge pickup
- Opening Reception
How can I make hotel reservations?
Hotel accommodations can be reserved after registering for Annual Marketplace. There is currently limited sleeping room availability at the Hyatt, Marriott, Embassy Suites and Westin. You can also visit the Hotels page for additional hotels in the area.
Do you have to be a WSIA member to attend?
Yes. You can learn more about WSIA membership on the WSIA website. For specific membership questions, please contact Keri Kish, [email protected].
Do I need a username and password to register for the event?
Yes, you need to have an account with WSIA to register. If you have one, you can use it to Sign In during the registration process. If you do not have an account and work for a WSIA member firm, you will have the opportunity to create one using the CREATE ACCOUNT function. If you do not know if you have an account, or you think you might have an account but it may be out of date, please use the FIND ME function on the registration page.
When can we entertain our trading partners?
- TUESDAY | Off-site functions are allowed anytime.
- WEDNESDAY | Only on-site functions are allowed prior to 4:00 p.m., with the exception of luncheons. Off-site functions are allowed after 6:00 p.m. Functions cannot conflict with the Opening Reception from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- THURSDAY | Only on-site functions are allowed prior to 7:30 p.m., with the exception of luncheons. Off-site functions are allowed after 7:30 p.m.
Are there sponsorships available?
- There are no sponsorship opportunities associated with WSIA's Annual Marketplace. Firms are encouraged to consider advertising in the WSIA Digital Daily that's produced in partnership with ALM Media/National Underwriter. You can learn more here .
- Firms with registered attendees may also reserve a table in The Club. Club Tables are reserved for a firm's exclusive use and your firm's logo will be highlighted on the table and chairs. Club Tables are $2,350 each.
- No exhibit hall is planned for this meeting.
What is the recommended attire?
Recommended dress for the Opening Reception and sessions is business casual attire - sport coat and slacks for men and pants or skirts for women.
Where will I pick up my badge when I arrive?
All attendees and guests will need to start at the WSIA Badge Pickup Tent, located on the Marina Terrace, outdoors between the Hyatt and Marriott. Once you have completed the vaccine verification or negative test verification process, or test on-site if necessary, you will pick up your badge in that same location if you're already registered. If you need to register on-site, you will be directed to on-site registration AFTER you complete the verification process. Please be aware that you will need to have photo identification available during that process.
General Questions – [email protected]
Registration, Sleeping Rooms & Suites – [email protected]
Private Meeting Rooms and Receptions – [email protected]
The Club and Program Specialist Lounge – [email protected]
Media Inquiries – [email protected]