2020 Annual Marketplace Preregistration Information
September 13-16, 2020 | San Diego, CA
While we remain cautiously optimistic that we will be able to safely host Annual Marketplace in cooperation with the host hotels, we continue to carefully monitor COVID-19 developments. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of attendees as the top priority, and we will act in consultation with the hotels and in accordance with local and national public health guidance and regulations. The WSIA staff continues to work through possible scenarios and contingency plans with the hotels as information evolves. A final decision on hosting the event will be made no later than July 15, 2020.
We encourage members to begin, or continue, scheduling meetings with their business partners with whom they would normally meet at Annual Marketplace. In the unfortunate event that we are unable to safely and effectively hold Annual Marketplace in San Diego, we will preserve the week of September 14-18 for scheduled online sessions and virtual meetings among members.
The Annual Marketplace schedule is currently tentative and subject to change pending additional COVID-19-related guidance.
Preregister here for Annual Marketplace.
Preregistration will allow us to plan and measure member intent to attend, but registration fees will not be charged until we confirm our ability to host Annual Marketplace in San Diego. We understand that members are considering their return-to-work plans and travel restrictions. Knowing this uncertainty will complicate your decision to preregister and attend a mid-September event, please preregister only if you are confident you will join us for Annual Marketplace under the circumstances.
Please contact Vicky Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org, regarding Annual Marketplace questions.
- Maximum of $875 per delegate
- WSIA is evaluating the appropriate event registration rates pending final planning. The 2020 fee will not exceed $875 but could decrease as a result of changes to the event.
- Delegates must work for a WSIA member firm
- Maximum of $325 per guest
- WSIA is evaluating the appropriate event registration rates pending final planning. The 2020 fee will not exceed $325 but could decrease as a result of changes to the event.
- Guest registration provides access to all meal functions and receptions and is available only to individuals not working in the industry who are attending with a registered delegate.
Professional and Financial Lines First-Time Attendee Preregistration
- Maximum of $450 for first-time professional and financial lines professional attendees
- Professional and financial lines specialists are encouraged to attend Annual Marketplace for business and networking with colleagues and business partners specifically dedicated to wholesale distribution.
- WSIA offers a special first-time attendee rate for professional and financial lines specialists. The 2020 fee for first-time professional and financial lines attendees will not exceed $450 but could decrease as a result of changes to the event.
- Professional and financial lines attendees receive special registration badges offering full access to all Annual Marketplace events that denote them as professional and financial lines specialists.
- Annual Marketplace features a Professional and Financial Lines Reception for all attendees, which provides a forum for professional and financial lines underwriters and brokers to interact with one another and with other attendees.
- If we proceed with Annual Marketplace in San Diego, and you are are a first-time attendee working in professional and financial lines, additional information will be available by July 15 to obtain the discounted rate.
Hotel Room Reservations
- The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina are the official Annual Marketplace headquarter hotels.
- Sleeping rooms will be limited to one room per registered attendee.
- If we proceed with Annual Marketplace in San Diego, a link to make hotel reservations will be provided by July 15. Details and information regarding reduced sleeping room rates will be included in your WSIA preregistration confirmation.
- Suites will be available at both the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
- If we proceed with Annual Marketplace in San Diego, suite forms will be available by July 15.
- Contact Vicky Fleming, email@example.com, for additional information.
- WSIA member firms may reserve tables in The Club for their exclusive use during Annual Marketplace.
- If we proceed with Annual Marketplace in San Diego, Club Tables will be available to purchase by July 15.
- The Club configuration will be finalized to accommodate social distancing in accordance with local, state and CDC guidance. Please note that social distancing guidelines and number of possible chairs per table continue to change and evolve based on that direction.
- Contact Chelsea Lenhart, firstname.lastname@example.org, for additional information.
- The Brokers' Lounge offers open seating for WSIA Annual Marketplace registered attendees.
- Brokers’ Lounge Zones 1-4 will be located at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and another Brokers’ Lounge Zone 5 will be located at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina.
- Brokers’ Lounge configurations will be finalized to accommodate social distancing and local, state and CDC public guidance. Please note that social distancing guidelines and number of possible chairs per table continue to change and evolve based on that direction.
On-Site Function Meeting Space
This year, due to COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines, space allocations will be modified and based on registration figures and social distancing guidelines.
- WSIA has control of all meeting space and outlet usage at both Annual Marketplace hotels.
- If we proceed with Annual Marketplace in San Diego, meeting space reservation forms will be available on July 15 to download and submit to WSIA for your firm’s meeting needs.
- Contact Debbie Hill, email@example.com, for additional information
Off-Site Group Functions
Off-site group functions are allowed if conducted after 7:00 p.m. Monday, September 14 and after 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 15. Functions are defined as meetings, outings, luncheons, receptions and dinners. WSIA advises members to delay contracting off-site events until we are able to confirm our presence in San Diego.