Effective Sales Coaching Program
July 9, 2018 • Kansas City, MO
A one-day program for surplus lines brokers, general agents and carrier underwriters who manage sales professionals.
About the Program
Participants receive customized sales coaching training geared specifically to transacting business in the surplus lines market. Any professional who leads a team of professionals responsible for revenue or premium production will benefit from this program. Coaching and improving the performance of a team is the secret of sales success, and it is the most important job of a sales manager. Effective Sales Coaching participants will work in real-life scenarios, impacting both brokers and underwriters, with role-playing opportunities to develop an approach that helps their team members take responsibility for their success. They will develop an enhanced understanding of the differences between managing and coaching and how to help their team members develop specific, measurable objectives using metrics that assess where performance is compared to those goals.
Who Should Attend
Any surplus lines manager who leads a team of professionals responsible for revenue or premium production and desires to improve the performance of that team.
- The program is ideal for both WSIA wholesale broker and company member employees.
- Managers whose team members have completed WSIA's Consultative Selling and Negotiations will find this program of particular interest.
Registration and Fees
- Register online here.
- Registration for the program is $995.
- Registration closes June 22 or
sooner if the program reaches
- Download the program brochure here.Registration requires an I.D./Password for the WSIA website. For anyone with a current login, your account credentials remain the same. If you have forgotten your ID or password you may retrieve it online prior to registering. If you do not yet have an account, you may create one as part of the registration process.
- Contact Denise Marshall, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any program questions.
Schedule of Events
|7:30 - 8:00 a.m.
|8:00 a.m. - Noon
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.
|1:00 - 4:15 p.m.
There are several hotels in the area; two recommendations are provided below.
Marriott Kansas City Downtown (two block walk)
200 W 12th St.
Kansas City, MO 64105
(To receive a special rate for the Marriott Kansas City Downtown, please reserve your room online
using specialty rate code of F1V which carries a cost of approximately $176/night, plus taxes and fees. This rate is subject to availability.)
Hotel Phillips (one block walk)
120 W 12th St.
Kansas City, MO 64105
The training will be held at:
1100 Walnut, 6th Floor Training Center
Kansas City, MO 64106
Participants should schedule travel to arrive on-site before 8:00 a.m.and depart the training location after 4:15 p.m.
Effective Sales Coaching Cancellation Policy
- Cancellation through May 28 will result in a full refund, less a $50 processing fee.
- Cancellation between May 29 and June 11, 2018 will result in a 50% refund.
- No refund is offered after June 11, 2018.
- Should you cancel after June 11, 2018 you will have a limited time opportunity to substitute someone else at your firm as an alternative to the above refund policy.
- All requests must be made in writing to Denise Marshall, email@example.com.