Surplus Lines Regulatory Compliance Course
On demand • Online
For insurance professionals seeking an introduction to regulatory compliance
This course targets brokers, underwriters, regulators and agents with less than two years of surplus lines compliance job training or experience. The course covers a variety of subject material including an overview of the surplus lines industry, licensing, record keeping, insurer eligibility, diligent search, tax remittance, policy disclosure and delivery, and independent procurement and industrial exemption.
In most states the course is eligible for three CE credit hours. Course curriculum is updated annually. Download our Regulatory Compliance Course Informational Flyer to receive more information.
Registration and Fees
- WSIA subsidizes the cost of the course for employees of WSIA member firms
- $14.95 for the course, including CE exams and credits
- $7.00 for the course only (no CE exams or credits)
To access the compliance course:
- Go to our Online Continuing Education section.
- Select your state.
- Select Property & Casualty Insurance.
- Scroll to bottom of list and select either the CE or No CE option as desired. Please do not register for both. The content is identical, with the exception of the exams and credits associated with the CE version.